What can we help you with?
How to Set Up ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin?
This article will provide detailed, step-by-step instructions to assist you in installing the ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin. More information about the plugin’s features can be found on its product page.
ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin helps you reclaim lost sales by sending emails at predetermined intervals to remind customers to complete their unfinished purchases. The cart will be considered abandoned after the time specified by you. Besides this, you can include a special discount coupon with the reminder email to entice customers who may have abandoned their cart due to the increased cost of the product.
You will be able to access details about the abandoned order’s customer email address as well as the detailed information of the triggered abandoned cart recovery email. The plugin also enables you to set conditions based on multiple factors such as user roles, the total amount of purchase, number of products, and product ID to send abandoned cart recovery emails only if the conditions are fulfilled. You can also get a detailed list of abandoned cart recovery emails sent out to customers, such as the email template sent, the discount coupon attached (if any), and time at which it was sent to the customer.
This plugin is the most effective solution for winning back lost customers and directing them to the next step in the ordering process.
- Recover the Orders That Were Abandoned – Customers who have abandoned their carts should receive emails at regular intervals reminding them to complete their purchase. You can also Include enticing discount coupons to encourage them to buy the abandoned items right away.
- After the time you specify, the cart will be considered abandoned – The plugin lets you set a time limit after which an order will be considered abandoned. The time will be calculated based on when the customer added the items to their shopping cart.
- Allow guest users to recover abandoned carts – Permit both registered users and guests to recover their abandoned carts.
- Choose the WooCommerce order status(es) that will indicate the abandoned cart as recovered – When a customer completes a purchase after receiving an abandoned cart email, the cart is labeled recovered. You can choose which WooCommerce order statuses will indicate that the customer has recovered the cart.
- After a certain time, remove any orders that have been abandoned – Remove an order from the abandoned orders list beyond a certain amount of time to prevent email spamming.
- Get recovered cart email – Opt to get a detailed recovery email every time an abandoned cart is recovered.
- Automatically send abandoned cart emails to customers – Automatically send multiple emails to customers with exciting discount coupons or promotional deals at predetermined intervals.
- View the Complete List of Abandoned Orders – View a comprehensive list of all abandoned purchases with the cart ID, customer’s name, email address, date and time, purchase value, products in the cart, recorded time, and emails sent to the customer based on the threshold time.
- Configure Abandoned Cart Emails to Be Triggered Based on Rules – Customize recovery emails depending on user roles, total purchase value, number of products, and product ID, among other criteria. Combine different rules and configure them to send emails if all or any of the conditions on the list are fulfilled.
- Create Your Own Email Template – You can use the plugin’s default templates or create your own custom email template.
- Customers can remove themselves from the Abandoned Cart Email list – If a customer does not wish to proceed with the order, they can unsubscribe from the email. You can set it in the plugin’s settings if you want to prevent customers from receiving Abandoned Cart emails.
- Emailing Discount Coupons – Customers will be enticed to buy abandoned products by receiving discount coupons in the mail.
- Analyze Email Logs – An entire list of all emails sent, along with information such as the cart ID, email address, template name, coupon, and time can be viewed from the logs tab.
- Examine the Order Report – Check out a comprehensive graph-based report to see the overall amount managed to recover, the amount abandoned, as well as the rate of return made possible by the plugin over a given timeframe.
Getting started with ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin
Read an article to know how to complete the checkout process on ELEX. You can also read how to download, install, and activate ELEX plugins.
You have two options for getting to the plugin settings once it has been installed and activated:
- Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Abandoned Cart For Woocommerce > Settings.
- Dashboard > WooCommerce > Abandoned Cart > Settings
The plugin settings are divided into three tabs – General, Email Settings, and License.
Continue reading to find out what each tab has to offer.
You can configure all of the general recovery email settings in this section, such as the abandoned order time limit, abandoned order removal, email address, GDPR email configuration, and so on.
Let’s understand each discount rule in detail.
- Enable Abandoned Cart: To activate abandoned cart recovery, turn on this button.
- WooCommerce Order Status to Consider an Order as Successful: Specify the order statuses under which you want to indicate an order to be successfully recovered and confirmed and capable of being fulfilled. The plugin will use these order statuses to evaluate abandoned carts and recovered purchases.
- Abandoned Cart Time Interval: Set a time limit for an order to be considered abandoned. The time limit will be calculated from the moment a visitor adds a product to their cart and proceeds to the checkout page. The cart will be considered abandoned if there is no activity on both pages for the specified time interval.
- Set Abandoned Cart to be Expired: Set a time limit for the carts that have been abandoned for a certain time to be removed from the cart details page. We advise against sending recovery emails at regular intervals because they may be considered spam.
Email General Settings
- From Email Address: Enter the email address from which cart abandoned cart emails will be sent.
- Send Email to Shop Owner on Cart Recovery: Turn on this option to notify the store owner through email when an abandoned cart is recovered.
- Email to receive notification: Provide the email address where you would like to receive notifications regarding abandoned cart recovery.
- Email Subject: Enter the email subject for the abandoned cart recovery notification email.
- Email Body: You can compose and customize the abandoned cart recovery notification email using the following shortcodes: [customer_firstname], [customer_lastname], [recovered_cart_products], [applied_coupon], [no_of_mail_sent], [user_email], [shipping_address], [total_amount_recovered] & [coupon_amount].The plugin includes a default email template that you can edit to suit your needs.
Here is an example of the email that will be sent to the store owner or admin when an abandoned cart is recovered.
GDPR Message Configuration
- Show On Shop Page: Display a custom message about GDPR compliance on the Shop page.
- Show On Product Page: Display a custom message about GDPR compliance on individual product pages.
- GDPR for message: Enter the GDPR compliance message you want to display.
Note: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal structure that establishes rules for the security of personal information from EU citizens. Because the Rule applies to all websites that attract European visitors, even if they do not specially sell products or services to individuals within the European Union, all sites that attract European visitors must abide by it. To know more about GDPR, click here.
In this section, you can configure all email settings, including Email Triggers, Email Rules, and Email Templates. Here you can set all of the triggers and rules for sending recovery emails, as well as the email templates. Let’s go over each of these tabs one by one.
Add rules to limit the number of times cart recovery emails are sent based on various parameters.
To add a new rule click Add New Rule > Enter a suitable Rule Name > Enter the Rule Type between AND or OR > Add Filter > The various parameters include User role, Total amount, Number of items, and Product ID. After selecting the rules that best suit your business, click Save Changes. As many rules as you need can be added, edited, or deleted.
Under this tab, you can create, delete, and manage unlimited recovery email templates that will be sent out to your visitor’s email ID at the set intervals.
To create a new email template, click Add New Template.
Shortcodes can be used in the Email Subject and Email Body fields when creating a new email template. [customer firstname], [customer lastname], [cart products], [cart link], and [cart unsubscribe] are the available shortcodes.
- Template Name: Enter a suitable name for your recovery email template.
- Email Header: Enter an appropriate email header.
- Email Subject: Enter an attention-grabbing subject to pique the interest of your potential customer.
- Upload Template: Instead of starting from scratch, you can upload an email template.
- Copy From Email Template: Copy and duplicate the email body from a previously-created template. The drop-down menu displays all of the existing templates, and you can duplicate any of them by clicking pre-fill.
- Coupon Code: You can add a discount coupon to your recovery email as customers will be lured to purchase abandoned products by receiving mail-in discounts. The coupon will be retrieved from WooCommerce coupons, and you will be able to choose which coupon to use. Once a coupon has been selected for a specific recovery email, it is automatically activated when a visitor clicks on the cart link in the email.
- Email Body: Create a custom email body that will be sent to your visitors. To make cart abandonment recoveries easier, add shortcodes to the products and cart.
Once you’ve finished configuring all of the fields, click Save Template.
On the email template page, you can edit each email template by clicking on it.
The triggers for sending cart abandoned cart emails can be configured here.
- Template name: Select the recovery email template you want to trigger from the ones you created in the previous steps.
- Email Rule: Select the email rule against which you want the email to be triggered.
- Interval Time: The time since the cart was declared abandoned is represented by the interval time. You can specify a custom number of minutes, hours, and days before each email is sent if the rules are met.
- Enable: Enable a specific email by turning on the enable switch.
- Remove: Delete a particular recovery email.
Once you are done setting up all the email triggers, rules, and interval time, click Save Changes.
You can create as many rules as you like by clicking Add Rule.
Enter API License Key and your registered Email ID and click Activate.
The API License Key can be found in the My Account section of your ELEX dashboard.
Visitor Side Email
Let’s take a look at an example of the emails that a visitor would receive.
Dashboard > WooCommerce > Abandoned Cart > Cart Details
Under the cart details tab, you can view a comprehensive list of all abandoned purchases:
- Cart Details including cart ID, creation date and time, and cart status (abandoned or recovered)
- User Details including user name, email address, and user type (registered or unregistered).
- Product/Value that displays the number of products in the abandoned cart and cart value.
- Recorded time
- The number of emails sent to the customer based on the threshold time
- And the time at which the last recovery email was sent.
- The option to delete order details.
You can also search for orders based on their names, which can be useful when dealing with large numbers of orders. To delete one or more order details, select the order/orders that you want to delete and click Bulk Actions > Move to Trash > Click Apply.
Dashboard > WooCommerce > Abandoned Cart > Email Logs
The email logs tab displays a complete list of all emails sent, along with details such as the cart ID, email addresses, template name, coupon, and time.
The date filter can be used to get email logs for a given date range.
The search log can be used to search for email logs based on the user’s email address.
To delete one or more logs, select the entries that you want to delete > under bulk actions select Delete > Click Apply.
Dashboard > WooCommerce > Abandoned Cart > Dashboard
The dashboard tab displays a detailed graph-based report that includes the total amount recovered, the amount abandoned, and the rate of return enabled by the plugin over a set timeline.
- Abandoned Amount: The total amount that was abandoned by the customers.
- Recovered Amount: The total amount recovered from the total abandoned amount as a result of sending recovery emails to visitors who abandoned their shopping carts.
- Conversion Rate: The percentage of abandoned shopping carts that were successfully recovered.
- Graph Report: The bar graph visually represents the number of total abandoned & recovered carts for the day.
- Date filter: The date filter can be used to get a comprehensive report for a selected date range.
Help & Support
Dashboard > WooCommerce > Abandoned Cart > Help & Support
In this section, you can view FAQs and Raise Support Tickets right from the backend of your WooCommerce store.
The FAQs tab contains the most frequently asked questions about the ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin and the answers to these questions.
And the Raise a Ticket tab enables you to raise a support ticket with one of the ELEX helpdesk support representatives and download system information.
To explore more details about the plugin, check out ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery Plugin
You can also check out the rest of ELEX‘s WooCommerce and WordPress plugins.