No products in the cart.
Owning a store requires you to surpass several hurdles such as finding the right pricing strategies to impress your customers. Allowing customers to negotiate on your online store is like leveraging them the possibilities of arriving at a price they would like to purchase the products from you, especially when it comes to bulk purchases. When you want to allow customers to place a quote request, you might need the right plugin that fits your store as per your business needs. Here to ease the pain, we take a look at two popular WooCommerce Request a Quote plugins: YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote premium vs ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium.
Let’s get to see how these two plugins differ and help you choose the best for your WooCommerce store.
YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote premium vs ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium
Here we take a look at some of the basic differences of the plugin, which will help you decide which one to go for.
Price is the striking factor that actually brings in a potential customer to purchase a product. Let’s take a look at the price of the plugin in detail.
|YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote premium||ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium|
|$59 for a single site||$59 for a single site|
|$179 up to 6 sites||$89 up to 5 sites|
|$349 up to 30 sites||$189 up to 25 sites|
As you can see, more or less the pricing is the same, for both the plugins.
What the plugins do?
The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium plugin allows showing the Add to Quote button on the shop or product page allowing the customers to place a quote request on your products on the store easily. The plugin also lets you do many things when it comes to implementing a pricing strategy, here are a few worthwhile features:
- You can add/customize/ remove the Add to Quote button on your shop or product page.
- Add/Remove the Add to Cart button on your store.
- Easily manage/edit/delete the quote request sent by the customer.
- Customize the Request Quote form for quote submission.
- Customize templates for email, chat notifications and even SMS notifications for admin and even emails for the customers.
- Trigger email, chat and SMS notifications for store admin.
- Trigger email notification for customers.
- Remove/Customize Add to Cart button for specific products/user roles.
The YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote premium plugin allows you to hide the Add to Cart option and lets your customers place a quote request on your products to successfully negotiate on the product prices. Here are some benefits of using the plugin:
- You can sell products without fixing a price on them and also leverage the customers to place a custom quote request.
- Hide the prices of the products and then force customers to contact you for tailor-made prices for the products.
- Hiding prices will elevate the competitiveness among the competitors.
- Easily manage the quote request processes and also the payment process.
- Encourage customers to purchase a product, by sending temporary quotes and offers and notify them when it is about to expire.
- Allows creating quote requests manually for customers approaching you directly in the store or through the phone.
- Hide/Show Add to Cart option as per the business need.
- Show/Hide Add to Quote button to a specific group of customers.
How to add the “Add to Quote” button?
Ease of use is one of the factors that make a plugin appealing to the customers. Let us see how we can add the “Add to Quote” button to the shop page using the plugins.
ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium plugin
In the plugin General Settings, you can add/customize the “Add to Quote” button for both the shop page and even the individual product page. The settings look like this as shown in the image below:
YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote Premium plugin
In the plugin the settings look like as shown in the image below:
Here as you can see, you can choose to display the Add to Quote button on either product in the exclusion list, or just on all products except the products in the exclusion list. Also, you can choose to display Add to Quote on out of stock products or not. Here you can choose the position of the Add to Quote button on the product page as shown in the image below.
You can also customize the buttons and labels using the plugin settings:
Quote List Page Appearance
In the case of ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote, you can open up the Quote List page in two ways as shown in the image below.
Using these options, you can choose how you want the quote list page to appear for your customers. Using the first option, you can open up the quote list page as a new page upon clicking the “Add to Quote” button. The page will contain the quote list and the form to be filled which will look like as shown in the image below:
The second option is “Open in a lightbox”. When you choose this option, you can open up the quote list page as a separate window without exiting from the page itself. You can set the dimension of the popup window as per your need as shown in the image below:
Once selected, the window will look like as shown in the image below:
If you don’t see the page you can add the shortcode to create a page: “ [elex_quote_request_list] “.Once the page is added, you can choose from the list of pages in the plugin as shown in the image below:
YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin provides a series of settings when it comes to page options as shown in the image below:
You can create a page using the shortcode ” [yith_ywraq_request_quote]” and then choose the page in the Request a Quote Page option. The settings help to customize the page layout and also the table contents in the page that list the quotes. The plugin also lets you set buttons to return to the shop page too with the option to customize the button text in the plugin.
Customizing Request a Quote form for quote submission
The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote option lets you create fully customizable forms for submitting the quote request. The form page can be customized using the Form Settings page:
You can add or remove fields here easily and it is a simple drag and drop option which will help you arrange the fields easily. Once done, you get a form like as shown below:
The best part of this option to create fields is that each field is linked to the corresponding WooCommerce billing fields. It streamlines the billing process for the store owner.
In YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote you have multiple options to create forms:
- Default Form – In here you can configure multiple fields and advanced fields to help you ask your customer’s many related information.
- Contact Form 7– Here you can make use of the previously designed forms using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Gravity Form- You need the Gravity Form plugin to create these forms.
Configure notifications to the customer after receiving a quote request
The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin, lets you customize and create templates for notifying the customers upon quote request submission in the store using the Template Settings in the plugin.
Here using the appropriate placeholders and titles, you can set the email, SMS and even chat notifications as well as email notification to the customers. Know more about the same in the product page.
In the case of YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin, it facilitates automatic emails to be triggered upon:
- A user requests a quote.
- When a quote is accepted or rejected.
- When a quote is generated
- Upon quote confirmation.
- When the quote is about to expire.
You can customize each in the Emails section in the plugin.
Show/Hide/Customize Add to Quote option based on user roles and product category, tags etc.
The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin lets you show/hide and customize the Add to Quote button based on user roles and even product categories, tags and name etc.
In YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote also you can show/hide the Add to Quote button depending on the user roles.
Hide Add to Cart button in the shop page or product page
You can choose to hide the Add to Cart button whenever the Add to Quote button is available or you can have both alongside each other using the plugin settings. The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin lets you even hide the Add to Cart button depending on user roles, product categories, names and tags.
YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote also lets you hide the Add to Cart button and price from all the products. You can choose either to hide price or the Add to Cart button.
Handling Quote Request from the Admin side
In ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote, whenever a quote request arrives, the store admin can see the quote request in the WooCommerce orders page. The store admin can work on the quote request and then send the update to the customer via email.
When the quote request is accepted, the store admin can send an email with the payment option for the order embedded in the email for allowing the customers to proceed to payment without much delay.
In the YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote option, the store admin receives the quote request as a New Quote Request in the WooCommerce order pages. The store admin can edit the quote request by examining the details provided by the customer and then once approved, can email the customer the quote approval and the payment option along with the email using the settings as shown in the image below:
Another feature which is available in the PDF preview of the quote request.
The customers can accept or reject the quote request arrived from the email or the PDF attached easily.
Apart from these
The ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin allows:
- To show/hide/customize the Add to Quote button for individual products in the store.
- Gives the customers to choose either Add to Cart or Add to Quote.
- Show/hide Add to Quote for specific user roles.
- Notify customers on the quote status depending on the order status.
- Store admin can receive Google Chat and SMS notification upon quote arrival.
- Compatible with other ELEX Pricing plugins
The YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin allows:
- Allows to edit product prices, add shipping costs and additional charges in the quote request placed.
- Provide an expiry date on the quote to leverage urgency principle and create tailor-made quote requests making the quote irresistible for the customers.
- Allows the customers to monitor the quote status from the My Accounts page.
- Create a quote request manually from the backend.
As you can see, both the plugins are neck to neck when it comes to features. Both the plugins are feature-rich and streamline the process of quote requests on your store quite effectively. Ease of use is yet another factor that needs to be considered when it comes to these plugins, which again depends on your business needs and how quickly you can adapt to the plugin features. Hope this comparative study helps you decide which one is more suitable for you -YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote premium vs ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote premium.
Know more about these plugins from their product pages.