No products in the cart.
Are you looking for the cheapest way to send a parcel to the UK? Then this article could be helpful to you.
The UK is one of the popular markets where eCommerce is widely expanding. To gain a foothold in the UK market, eCommerce businesses have been in the run to find the best possible ways to ship to the UK and adopting various shipping strategies that would be stimulating their growth in the UK market. Hence most of the eCommerce businesses are also looking for the cheapest way to ship parcels to the UK.
Here we are collating the cost-effective options to ship parcels to the UK. With this article, you will be able to decide upon how you can send parcels to the UK in the cheapest way. Here we discuss the shipping services that can deliver the parcels to the UK in good condition and on time.
How long does it take to ship to the UK?
It is always important to know how much time it takes when it comes to international shipping. Every shipping service has a timeline when it comes to delivering internationally. Be it the cheapest or the express options from the courier companies, each takes a definite period to deliver the items to the customers. Hence the delivery time is completely dependent on the type of courier service you choose to ship the parcel to customers in the UK.
Like for example, when you are shipping to the UK using any expedited services, then the parcel can reach the UK in just 1-2 business days. The FedEx International Drop off is the fastest way to ship to the UK, which takes about 2-5 days. But again, if you are looking for economic options, the shipping time can take up to 10-20 days. DHL Express offers the fastest shipping option to the UK, within 1-2 business days. Hence as you see, the delivery time completely depends on the courier service you choose to ship your parcels.
How much does it cost to ship parcels to the UK?
If you want to determine the price for shipping to the UK, then there are several factors to be considered when you are determining the price. The variables include:
- Weight of the package.
- The dimension of the package.
- Delivery time frame.
If you are shipping something small in dimension and light in weight and to a shorter distance, then you are likely going to get a cheaper rate for shipping. But if any of these variables have a greater value like bigger size or even weigh more than you are likely going to pay a little more for shipping.
Again, if the items are of irregular dimension, then you need to pay more as compared to the regular items with a properly fixed dimension. For example, in some furniture, if the packing is irregular as per its shape, you will have to pay the charges according to the dimensions, weight and the distance it is shipped to.
Yet another factor is how quickly you want the package to arrive. If you are not in a hurry to get the package then you can go for cheaper options, which takes a longer time to deliver. If you are in a hurry to receive the parcel you need to opt for express options, which deliver within 1-2 business days or even less.
What are the important things to consider?
The major thing that you need to consider when you are shipping to the UK is the customs duties and taxes. It is important to understand and take necessary measures when it comes to shipping to international locations. You can always keep a check on what are the major reasons that might cause a delay in the shipment to reach the customers in such cases.
It is important to know the various items that are falling under the restricted, prohibited and dangerous goods categories when you are shipping to the UK. It is necessary to know all the restrictions imposed or the guidelines to be followed when it comes to shipping anything. It is better not to breach any rules when you are shipping to the UK. Also, ensure that you label the items correctly like if you are shipping fragile items to ensure that while shipping the item is not broken or damaged.
Do FedEx, UPS, and USPS Ship to the UK?
Yes. FedEx, UPS and USPS do provide several shipping options when it comes to the UK. Be it for speedy delivery or for the cheapest delivery, they have the best options for shipping from the US to the UK. You can choose the shipping option that suits your budget and needs. Here are some of the popular options in use.
USPS Express Mail – Delivery happens within 2-3 business days.
USPS Priority Mail – Delivery happens overnight or the very next day to the destination.
FedEx 2 Day – Delivery happens within 2 business days.
UPS Next Day – Delivery occurs within 24 hours of booking.
UPS 2nd Day Air – Delivery takes place by the second day of the booking done.
UPS Express Critical – Mostly delivery happens overnight, most suited for urgent deliveries.
What’s the Cheapest Shipping Option from the USA to the UK
If you are planning to ship from the US to the UK, then you can work on major factors that do reflect directly on the cost of shipping like the weight, dimension and other aspects that contribute to the cost. The next important thing to do is to choose the right shipping carrier. You can always make use of the shipping calculator to calculate the rates when it comes to shipping to the UK. There are various other factors that you need to consider while choosing the shipping carrier, like some offer free delivery on weekends, some have Sunday delivery, or some offer free packaging. So before you decide you need to consider these as well suppose you are sending a package weighing 5lbs to London, the UK from Brooklyn, New York measuring 10in x 5in x 5in the costs will be :
- USPS Priority Mail Express International at $87.60
- USPS Priority Mail International at $76.10
- FedEx International Next Flight at $245.20
- FedEx International Economy at $182.35
- FedEx International Priority at $198.20
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus at $230.46
- UPS Worldwide Saver at $188.80
- UPS Worldwide Expedited at $170.57
- UPS Worldwide Express at $190.46
But again, not just rates helps to determine which service to choose from these. You need to consider other factors like weekend delivery, tracking options, value-added services, free packaging etc.
Tips to follow while Shipping to the UK
Getting the shipping done correctly is not just about choosing the right shipping deals, but it is all about how you are shipping it and also about the avoidance of mistakes. You should certainly avoid some common mistakes that are likely to happen and follow expert tips to make it work well.
- Some include:
- Always use the right shipping plugins to ensure that the shipping process is streamlined well. In that way, all your shipping processes are automated.
- You can also make use of the shipping plugins to display the accurate shipping rates to the customers while checkout, so they can choose accordingly.
- Make sure you validate the addresses provided by the customer before you process the order. You can make use of an address validation tool for the same.
- Always ensure you enter proper weight and dimensions when it comes to shipping else you might end up paying more later.
- You can verify and check with multiple shipping carriers when it comes to shipping and not just rely on one.
- Clearly state the return policy for customers to understand.
- Have a clear understanding of the customs duties and taxes when you are shipping to the UK from anywhere.
- Make a clear choice by considering the transit time. You can provide the estimated delivery dates alongside the shipping services when your customer checks out from the store, to help them decide which shipping option is ideal for them.
- Get your items insured or even look for third party insurance like Shipsurance for your shipping.
- Address your package to the right place like London, Wales, England, etc., or simply choose United Kingdom
- Remember the zip code is a combination of letters and numbers like SW1 3FR.
- Always keep a clear knowledge about the prohibited, restricted and hazardous items for each shipping carrier.
- There might be several reasons when it comes to delays in shipping, you can diagnose the same by identifying the reasons correctly.
When shipping is considered, several external factors directly impact the speed of delivery. To make the shipping process go effortless, it is ideal to make use of shipping plugins that will help you streamline the shipping processes like generating accurate shipping rates, shipping labels and tracking information, etc.
If you are looking out for the best shipping plugins to integrate on your WooCommerce store, don’t forget to check out the ELEX shipping plugins.