Usually, when you start a new online business with minimal to almost no regular volume of orders, shipping carriers are not willing to offer any form of discount. You’ll wind up paying the same shipping cost like anyone else. While striving to keep their small business sustainable in today’s ever-changing market, it appears that owners are struggling to make ends meet when it comes to shipping. Smaller businesses are subject to fluctuating market rates and price spikes, whereas larger businesses may frequently negotiate cheaper shipping costs due to the volume of their orders. MyPost Business is the shipping solution you need to begin receiving commercial discounts for your budding business as soon as possible. In this article, we are going to discuss all about MyPost by Australia Post and the advantages it offers in terms of shipping.
What is MyPost Business?
For business owners who want to ship parcels with Australia Post, MyPost Business is a simple and efficient option. It is a corporate account and digital platform that allows you to ship packages in a variety of ways. It’s designed for companies that distribute fewer than 2,000 parcels each year. MyPost Business, which offers volume-based discounts in five tiers, is pretty much the best place to begin for monthly orders of 10-200.
The reductions start to mount up the more you spend, and your cap is revised weekly. You won’t lose anything by giving it a try because creating an account is completely free. There are no income verification or credit checks, no minimum shipment quantity requirements, and you can open a MyPost Business account for free, which has aided a number of new Australian firms in successfully handling local and international shipping.
What are the advantages of MyPost Business in terms of shipping?
- Discounts based on the volume of eligible shipping: The biggest advantage of shipping with MyPost Business is that businesses can start availing commercial shipping savings as soon as they start sending more than eight parcels each week. You do not have to pay retail rates even at the very beginning of your business.
- All of your domestic and international shipments can be managed and tracked in one spot: The MyPost Business online portal helps you manage and track all your shipments and deliveries without having to visit any third-party website. You can also view shipment logs and history.
- MyPost Business can be accessed online or in-store Post Office: You can choose to purchase and generate shipments online or in-person in the post office. As long as you scan your unique MyPost Business QR code in the post office, your shipments will be counted while reviewing your volume-based savings band.
- Standard and express shipping options: MyPost Business offers both standard and express shipping options to meet your specific requirements.
- Orders can be bulk-uploaded using a CSV file: When you have a large number of orders coming in regularly, this feature can help you save a lot of time and energy. Instead of manually generating each shipment, you can simply add all your order details onto a CSV file and generate orders in bulk.
- Customers receive shipment tracking updates: Once your order is generated, you have the option to automatically send shipment tracking details to the customer’s registered email address. Both customers and store owners can track the shipments using this tracking link.
- Online chat support is available at all times of the day.
MyPost Business Savings Bands
MyPost Business has recently made some changes in their savings bands. Previously, your savings band was determined by the number of qualified parcels shipped through MyPost Business. Currently, your savings band is determined by the amount of money you’ve spent in MyPost Business, i.e., your total package shipping charges. MyPost Business looks at your total eligible spending over the previous four weeks or the preceding year and applies the band that saves you the most money.
In addition, they have included more items and services that will add to your total eligible shipments, such as domestic and international parcel shipping, pickups, additional coverage, returns, and signature upon delivery. This can help you move up to a higher savings band faster by adding to your parcel sending total.
As you progress through the bands, you’ll be able to see your savings increase. The greater the savings band, the greater the savings on regional and international shipping. If you are qualified to jump up a band under their new methodology, you will do so the following day. Even if your parcel shipping drops, you will remain in the same savings band for 4 weeks.
You can check out the updated MyPost Business postage rates guide for band savings details.
How to use MyPost by Australia Post to save time on shipping
There are quite a few ways you can save time while shipping with MyPost Business:
Bulk order generation using CSV files
As mentioned earlier, instead of creating each shipment manually, you can create a CSV file and automatically create shipments in bulk saving you a lot of time. When you have a large number of orders to complete, importing orders using a CSV file retrieved from your eCommerce website is a terrific method to save time. Read this guide to understand how to import orders in bulk using a CSV file.
Online and in-person shipments
You can choose to create shipments online or scan your QR code at a post office and create shipments in person according to your requirements. Your savings band will be tracked and credited either way.
ELEX WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping Plugin
You can use the ELEX WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping Plugin with Print Label & Tracking to integrate MyPost Business directly into the backend of your WooCommerce website. It’s the quickest and easiest way to integrate Australia Post MyPost Business, eParcel, and StarTrack Courier with your WooCommerce store and automate Australia Post shipping by showing shipping charges on the cart and checkout pages, monitoring shipments, and more. This plugin will streamline all of your shipping operations from your website’s admin panel, eliminating the need to visit the Australia Post MyPost website or the post office, thus saving a considerable amount of time.
If you don’t have the correct knowledge, shipping eCommerce packages in Australia can be difficult. We hope that by reading this blog, you will be able to make an informed decision and use MyPost Business to take control of your shipping operations. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions about MyPost Business.