Request a Quote plugin empowers businesses as well as customers by giving the business owner the leverage of controlling prices, while providing the customers with the option of negotiating on the price before placing their orders.
There are many Request a Quote plugins available in the market for WooCommerce store owners. In this article, we are going to throw light on some key features, along with their pros and cons, and prices offered by some of the main players in the field.
ELEX WooCommerce Request a Quote plugin lets your customers request a quote for your products by providing an ‘Add to Quote’ option with or without the ‘Add to Cart’ button. It also allows you to display a list of selected products and request forms on any page.
- You can add “Request a Quote” and/or “Add to Cart” button for all products or a select few.
- “Request a Quote” option can be easily enabled for specific products.
- Customer’s quotes can be accepted, rejected, or modified from the WooCommerce order page itself.
- A Custom Form for customers can be set up to help them place their order easily.
- Notifications to admin can be set up by triggering email, chat, as well as SMS.
- Notifications can be sent to customers to update them on their order status
- Simple to set up and easy to use.
- Good support system in place, supported by extensive documentation.
- Can automatically trigger notifications to update customers on changes in their order status.
- Lack of reviews about the plugin, especially considering it is relatively new.
- $59 — 1 site Annual License
- $89 — 5 sites Annual License
- $189 — 25 sites Annual License
This plugin’s special feature is that it enables your customers to Request a Quote for simple or variable products, while providing your customer with the option of clarifying their doubts or seeking answers for any query through an enquiry button. The customers are further empowered with the option of sending out a single email for bulk enquiries for a bunch of products.
- Customers can inquire or request quotations for products or variations, and also for multiple products at one time.
- Custom fields can be created, along with an own enquiry form with built-in form builder.
- Request a Quote or Enquiry button can be easily added on the product page.
- Customers have the freedom to accept or reject quotations received via email or PDF.
- Quotations can be accepted in all languages owing to its compatibility with the WPML plugin.
- Customer quotations can be easily accessed through the customer’s name, email ID, product ID and product name.
- The Mini cart widget allows users to view their enquiry cart at all times.
- Can request quotes for multiple products via a single email.
- Simple installation and easy to use.
- Very good support system in place, supported by extensive documentation.
- Ideal for both small and large businesses.
- A one-hour free consultation call is available to resolve any query related to the plugin.
- The con is that it does not support RTL language.
- $80 — 1 site Annual License
- $120 — 5 sites Annual License
- $160 — 10 sites Annual License
Note: A Free Version of the Product Enquiry for WooCommerce is available.
The YITH Request a Quote plugin aims at establishing an open communication between you and your customer through an ‘Add to Quote’ button, while also encouraging the customers to reach out to you by hiding the ‘Add to Cart’ button. The best feature of this plugin is that it allows for temporary quotations with an expiry date, which in turn can propel the customers to act on them.
- It offers “Add to Quote” button option for specific/all products or select users as per the plans.
- Customers can Request a Quote for out-of-stock products as well.
- Customers can accept or reject quotations via an email itself.
- Quotes can be created and sent, with the amount calculated automatically on the original price of the product.
- A specific payment method can be set for accepted quotes.
- Round-the-clock dedicated support team available.
- It is translation-ready with WPML compatibility.
- Availability of a free version of the plugin with permits adding of basic functionalities.
- Provides a budget-friendly option.
- It does not support RTL language.
- It is a little difficult to set up the plugin.
- $59.99 – 1 site Annual License
- $169.99 – 6 sites Annual License
- $269.99 – 30 sites Annual License
Note: Free version is available.
This plugin enables adding a quotation form to your WordPress website, thus making it easy for your visitors. All they need to do is fill out the quotation form and submit a Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the products that you offer. Your customers can be intimated through an email of the successful submission of their quotation form.
- All users receive an acknowledgement email notifying them of successful form submission.
- The quotation form fields can be enabled and disabled.
- Service and quote status taxonomies can be enabled and disabled.
- All users, both logged in and guests, can submit a quotation form.
- Users can be redirected to any page after form submission.
- It is extremely easy to set up by anyone, even those without the technical know-how.
- Quotation forms can be submitted by guest users as well.
- Limited features as compared to other competitors in the market.
Note: Free ‘Get a Quote for WordPress’ is available.
This plugin lets you set up a quotation system on your WooCommerce store. You can create an “Add to Quote” and remove the price fields and “Add to Cart” button from your store pages. This plugin enables you to choose specific products, categories, or tags to be included or excluded from showing the quote option.
- Let your customers ask for a preferred price for the quotes.
- Send quotes in PDF format to customers via email.
- Allow customers to download the quotes as PDFs.
- Choose the user roles to show the quote option.
- Show a mini-cart to the customer to view the products in the quote list.
- Add reCaptcha verification to the quote forms to protect them from spamming.
- Hide Add to Cart button
- Remove price fields from product pages
- Hide quote option from guest users
- Ideal for small to medium enterprises
- Send quotes automatically with the original price
- Lack of customization options for Quote PDFs.
- Single Site – $69.00 /year
- Upto 5 Sites – $99.00 /year
- Upto 25 Sites – $199.00 /year
This plugin enables your customers’ shopping cart to turn into a Quote Request system; they can send their quotation for select or multiple products as they want. You can limit the price visibility of the products, thus enabling quote requests by customer’s IP address and the user roles. Furthermore, it enables your customers to submit a bid while requesting a quote, which is ideal during an auction of your products.
- Can show/hide product prices.
- Request a Quote option can be displayed for certain user roles.
- Allows Request a Quote option at the checkout page.
- Customers can submit a whole cart for a quote request.
- Price quotations can be sent to customers along with a payment link option
- Built-in email triggers during the negotiation process, available for both admin and customers.
- It is adaptable to managing quotes and regular checkouts together in the cart.
- Video documentation is available, along with a quick support facility.
- Simple to install and easy to use with basic functionalities.
- A free version is available that allows checking theme compatibility.
- Does not support RTL language.
- Unavailability of Live Demo.
- $44.99 – 1 site Annual License
- $98.99 – 3 sites Annual License
Note: Free version is available.
This plugin enables customers to request quotations for your products, while allowing you to hide the ‘Add to Cart’ button. This pushes your customers to request price quotations. The plugin is ideal for new websites as it helps set up a complete quotation system on the WooCommerce Store.
- ‘Quote button’ can be displayed to select user roles.
- Auto-email notifications can be set up for both admin and customers.
- Mini quote baskets can be enabled for customers to help review their orders.
- Custom quote submission messages can be created.
- It enables adding multiple products to the quote basket by customers.
- It is ideal for small businesses and comes with minimum features.
- It is compatible with popular page builder plugins such as Elementor, Divi, etc.
- Extensive documentation is available, along with a quick support facility.
- It is slightly expensive considering the fewer functions it offers.
- $59 — 1 site Annual Subscription
The best feature of this plugin is that it enables your customers to submit multiple quote requests. You have the choice of including or excluding additional costs such as tax, shipping costs, etc., while displaying price quotations. This way, the customer gets a clear understanding of the product price. This is ideal for businesses with basic needs.
- Customers and Admin can manage the quotes submitted and received, respectively, through separate dashboards
- Customers can request more stock than the available inventory.
- Additional costs such as tax and shipping charges can be shown/hidden to the customers when they submit quotes.
- Can restrict quote requests only to out-of-stock products.
- Time limits can be set for making payments after the quotation is accepted.
- It is simple to install and ideal for new businesses.
- It is not expensive.
- Extensive documentation is available.
- It is translation-ready.
- Unavailability of Live Demo.
- Unavailability of any support in case of trouble with running the plugin.
- $29 — 1 site Annual Subscription
This plugin is easy and simple, wherein it enables your customers to ask for price estimates through a simple form by clicking on the ‘Request a Quote’ button on the cart page itself. It eliminates the registration step, as they are auto-registered on submission of the form. It also enables auto-emailing customers with customized quotes.
- It supports quotation requests for both simple and variable products.
- Can change the quotation status to approved/cancelled/pending as needed.
- Customers can ask for quotations for multiple products at the same time.
- Users will be automatically registered when they submit a quote.
- Customers can send quotations even for cancelled proposals.
- Can send custom emails and quotes to customers.
- Installing is quite easy.
- It is inexpensive and easy to afford.
- Does not offer documentation and support.
- It is not Gutenberg optimized.
- $22.88 – 1 site Annual Subscription
This plugin is ideal for small businesses. It provides the ease of receiving requests for quotations and information from your customers. You can customize the form with your own options. Moreover, certain fields in the form can be made invisible, which helps in cutting down spam requests.
- Customers can request for a customized quote
- Centralized access to view sales quotes requests.
- Enables logged in members to submit quote requests.
- Customers can be updated instantly via emails regarding their quotations.
- Staff members can be assigned quotes or information requests.
- The plugin can be customized easily without writing any code.
- Extensive documentation and product support available.
- Setting-up the plugin is very simple.
- It is quite expensive as compared to the features it offers.
- $149.99 – 1 site Annual Subscription
Note: Free Request a Quote Starter site is available.
While most of the plugins mentioned above provide useful yet similar tools, the “Request a Quote” plugin by ELEX WooCommerce provides an overall better layout, aesthetic, and functionality at a nominal price.