Well, not everyone is technically skilled or experienced to catch the idea of new software or tools. Hence, if you sell IT services or software, it is important to save some costs for customer support and assistance. If you are confused about how to set up a ticketing system to sell IT support, you are in the right place!
The importance of a ticketing system in IT support
If your business is about selling software or IT-related services, you would receive frequent queries regarding software issues, hardware problems, issues on network infrastructure, version updates, and so on. You have to deal with multiple customers at the same time. Hence, you need to spend time solving customers’ queries through phone calls, emails, video calls, SMS, chats, etc.
But, receiving and solving issues through these different mediums will be so confusing, as you may skip some queries of customers or you may not solve them based on the priority and urgency of the problem.
Each customer is important and must be treated equally. If you skip a single query, it will affect your relationship with customers. Many customers will leave your business if you do not treat their concerns properly.
The best way to receive and solve problems for every customer is by using a ticketing system for your business.
What is a ticketing system?
The issue submitted by a customer to a business is called a ‘ticket’. A ticketing system (also known as a help desk system) is used to provide a platform for the customers to submit a query or concern to the business.
From the backend or dashboard of this ticketing system, the agents or admin can open it, and provide solutions as soon as possible. It should allow agents to assign from one person to another person for providing solutions effectively. And, a ticket must be solved within the minimum time for improving the customer’s trust towards you.
There are many factors that must be present in an ideal ticketing system. They are:
- Should be capable of receiving tickets from multiple channels such as email, SMS, chat, etc.
- Admin should be able to create tickets on behalf of customers who shared their issues through phone calls or other conventional methods.
- Should be able to configure as a subdomain of the main business website.
- Should include the options to set triggers to automate certain actions such as reminding agents to open and close the tickets as soon as possible.
- Should have the option to assign a ticket from one agent to another agent or an expert in their team.
- Should not hamper the performance of the main business website, etc.
Now, the question is, which is the best ticketing system in the market?
There are many ticketing systems and help desk software available in the market from where you can easily choose one for your IT business. But, they come with built-in feature sets that allow limited customizations to accommodate your business requirements. So, the best option is to adopt an open source help desk ticketing system to sell IT support.
Why an open source ticketing system?!
Open source ticketing systems are highly flexible to accommodate any business requirements. If you are running a business of IT service, hospital, clinic, or even for managing a school, you can opt for an open source ticketing system and configure it to add the special features you require into it or alter the existing ones.
If you are looking for an open source ticketing system, I would recommend Open Source HelpDesk & Customer Support Ticketing System – Simple & Flexible.
Why? Let us check!
Open Source HelpDesk & Customer Support Ticketing System to Sell IT Support
This help desk system is finely crafted by the WSDesk‘s family, which is a popular WordPress help desk plugin in the WordPress industry that serves 10,000+ customers currently. So, it contains all features and specifications of this system.
But, this system comes with some additional peculiarities as this open source ticketing system can be integrated with any website platform such as Shopify, Wix, Magento, etc., besides WordPress and WooCommerce.
Also, this help desk system is open to integrate with third-party plugins and tools. If you need to charge for your IT support on a credit basis, you can integrate their Pay For Support Add-On seamlessly.
Other major features of this open source ticketing system are as follows:
- Ensures data security: No external entity will monitor your data when you use this system as your help desk ticketing system. Also, you will be the exclusive owner of your data and you can make sure that there will not be any data security breach. Furthermore, you can store all your data on your own server!
- Can be used as an out-of-the-box solution: If you are satisfied with the existing feature set of this help desk ticketing system, you can directly implement it without any alterations. Or, if you require modifications, you can contact the support team and discuss your requirements to get your personalized help desk system.
- Allows to add unlimited agent profiles: You can add unlimited agent profiles with any subscription plan of this open source help desk system. There is no additional or hidden charge to add agents.
- 24/7 expert consultation: If you face any technical issues or need any assistance to solve an issue with the ticketing system, you can contact the support team at any time.
- Managed hosting plan: If you do not have time to focus on the help desk system, because you need to give your full attention to your business, you can go for their ‘managed hosting’ plan. With this plan, you do not need to worry about the system updates, version updates, knowledge base integrations, ticket management, etc as everything will be managed by the expert team.
Now, let us check an example of a ticketing system I have configured to sell IT support with the Open Source HelpDesk & Customer Support Ticketing System.
How to set up a ticketing system to sell IT support with the Open Source HelpDesk & Customer Support Ticketing System?
First, I have installed the WSDesk – ELEX WordPress Helpdesk & Customer Support Ticket System Plugin on my website.
Then, I have created a support form and configured it to list the support services I provide in my business. To know more about how to create a form and configure the plugin on your website, refer to the product documentation.
The form will be featured on the website as:
The customers can fill up the details and make an appointment with the expert to share their concerns to get the issues solved.
Check an example:
When the customer submits the request, it will be received as a ticket on the system’s dashboard. From this dashboard, the admin or agent can take up the ticket and provide the solutions.
The ticket can be assigned to a specific agent or expert after opening it. Then, provide the solution and submit it with the current status of the ticket such as ‘solved’, ‘unsolved’, or ‘pending’.
Customers can see the ticket details and the status from the front end.
This is how it works. This is just an example I have configured for demonstration purposes. You can set the ticketing system according to all your specific business requirements.
A ticketing system is necessary for any business as you need to hear the customers’ concerns and provide solutions in a systematic way. So, with the Open Source HelpDesk & Customer Support Ticketing System, you can configure a help desk ticketing system with all the features and specifications required to sell IT support.
- How to Set Up a Simple & Efficient Open Source Help Desk Management System for Back Office IT support?
- How to Set Up a Simple & Efficient Open Source Help Desk Management System for College and Schools?
- How to Set Up a Simple & Efficient Open Source Help Desk Management System for Consultation Services?
- How to Set Up a Simple & Efficient Open Source Help Desk Management System for Doctors, Hospitals & Clinics?
- How to Set Up a Simple & Efficient Open Source Help Desk Management System for eCommerce Support?