You can integrate USPS First-Class mail International service with your WooCommerce store to use an economical method to ship to more than 180 countries. USPS is one of the most trustworthy shipping courier companies that aims at bridging the gap between the shipping rates and final destination. In this article we will learn how to set up the First Class Mail International Flat Rate box using an ELEX plugin.
Here are a few conditions to use USPS First-Class mail International Flat rate services:
Features of USPS First Class Mail International through Flat Rate Box
- This service includes a delivery range of about 180 countries including Canada and Australia.
- USPS is known for the fastest international delivery time around 6-10 days.
- The International prices are calculated on the basis of item’s weight, dimensions and the destination address.
- You can avail the package pickup service at your home or office address.
- USPS includes an integrated tracking system so you can check the current status of your package easily.
- The company offers $100 insurance for the re-construction of documents (also called non-negotiable documents) and also provides $200 insurance for merchandise such as gifts to cover damages or missing products.
What should be the requirements of the container?
- For using Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes for shipping the envelopes and box weight should be upt 4 lbs, but USPS allows you to ship medium and large boxes that weigh upto 20 lbs.
- USPS First class mail international Flat rate service also has an option to ship by weight for packages of upto 70 lbs.
- The prices for using this service starts at $45 and vary according to the country and the destination address.
- Consider lower weight restrictions imposed by a few countries, it is advisable to check it before packing your shipment.
- Always ensure that the container flaps must be closed within the predefined folds while using a Flat Rate Envelope or Box for your items.
Important point to remember while packing:
Remember that you can avail Flat Rate Prices only if the contents of your shipment are sent in a USPS produced Flat Rate Envelope or Box. You can use tape to even out flaps and seams for your container.
How To Set up First Class Mail International Through Flat Rate Box on WooCommerce
To set up this service on your WooCommerce store you can use ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce. This plugin is simple to set up and customize as per your shipping needs. Display live shipping rates from major shipping courier companies and also estimate delivery days.
Use this guide to learn about all of its features in detail: How to set up ELEX EasyPost Shipping Method Plugin for WooCommerce? (with Video)
USPS Services Provided By ELEX EasyPost Plugin
- Priority Mail®
- Priority Mail Express™
- USPS Parcel Select
- Library Mail Parcel
- Media Mail Parcel
- USPS Critical Mail
- First Class Mail International
- First Class Package Service™ International
- Priority Mail International®
- Express Mail International
Features of ELEX EasyPost Plugin
- Just install and set up this plugin to use the above mentioned USPS services to display on the Cart and the Checkout page.
- This plugin allows you to display live shipping rates from major courier companies such as USPS, FedEx, UPS, UPS DAP, UPS SurePost & Canada Post etc.
- This plugin allows a feature of easy and convenient UPS Third-Party Billing.
- Estimated delivery days will be displayed along with the shipping rates and services to customers on the Cart and the Checkout page.
- Access the admin panel and in the order settings page where you can print Shipping Labels for USPS, FedEx, UPS, UPS DAP, UPS SurePost & Canada Post, etc.
- Send the tracking details to customers via email and use the integrated tracking mechanism to know the current status of your package.
- You can choose among the multiple available USPS Flat Rates Boxes for shipping.
- Adjust shipping rates in percentage or numerical value from the settings panel of the plugin according to your business needs.
- Choose among the 3 major parcel packaging options for your products.
- Enable or disable EasyPost Shipping Insurance for your packages.
- Easily schedule the pickup facility for major shipping companies such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, & Canada Post.
- Print bulk shipping labels in case of multiple products.
How to Set up First Class Mail International through Flat rate box on WooCommerce
After you have successfully installed the plugin go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > EasyPost > General. You will see a screen like below. It is easy to navigate and customize these options. Let’s see how.
Enable the Realtime Rates, which will display USPS and other shipping courier services on the Cart and Checkout page. Select The API Mode and The API Key. You can create your API key after registering with EasyPost.
When you are done, proceed to the Rates & Services tab. Here you can choose shipping methods and companies. Firstly, enter the Zip Code, Sender State Code, Sender Country name in the correct format.
Now scroll down to Flat Rate Settings. In the EasyPost Flat Rate Service(s) box use the First-Class Mail option. In the Flat Rate Boxes select among the available boxes provided by USPS, you can select multiple options here.
Now scroll down to USPS International Flat Rate Settings. In the EasyPost Flat Rate Services(s) choose the option First-Class Mail International. In the USPS Flat Rate Boxes choose your desired boxes for shipping.
Now scroll down to the EasyPost Carrier(s) option, where you can select your courier partner, choose USPS. In the Services tab you can select among the available USPS shipping services, change name, and adjust prices. Save your changes. Let’s see how it works on the WooCommerce Store.
The First Class Mail International Flat Rate service and rates are visible on the Cart and the Checkout page. Customers can choose this option and order the product conveniently.
Now, you have full fledged knowledge on How to Set up First Class Mail International through Flat rate box on WooCommerce. As a store owner you should take analytical decisions on how to generate revenue and save costs. Flat Rate service makes it easier for customers to buy a product at a convenient rate and save additional expenses while shipping. If you still have any queries you can contact our support team or mention your questions or ideas in the comments below.
- How to Reduce Shipping Challenges with WooCommerce Automatic Shipping Calculator?
- Turn Your Expertise into Revenue! How to Charge for Customer Support?
- How to Optimize your WooCommerce Google Shopping Ads?