No products in the cart.
Every single one of your customers would, in an ideal world, spend a lot of dollars at your store. However, this isn’t always the case. If you run an online business, that depends on products for auction or items for donation, you’ll need to learn how to create a WooCommerce minimum order amount threshold to avoid revenue falling below a certain level.
Setting a minimum order amount in WooCommerce will protect you from losing money on any transaction. We’ll show you two ways to create a WooCommerce minimum order amount threshold based on user roles in this post. We’ll also discuss why it makes sense to do so while we’re at it.
- The Purpose behind Setting Amount Thresholds
- Defining WordPress User Roles
- Advantages of Setting a minimum and maximum order amount
- Setting Minimum Order Threshold for Different Users Using a Plugin
The Purpose behind Setting Amount Thresholds
- A high minimum order might operate as a silver lining, admitting only the most deserving consumers.
- Customers on the go who have a little extra cash could find the pricing a little too expensive. Instead, you might be able to find purchasers who are confident enough in your work to include it as a major component of their offer.
- Depending on your wholesale expenses, a large minimum can also encourage shops to stock your whole line rather than just one or two items.
- If your ingredients are expensive or the process of making your lovely item is labor-intensive, you might want to set a higher minimum. You may opt to lower your minimum requirement if producing your product takes less time.
- By analyzing your consumers’ regular spending and delivery charges and altering your minimum order requirements appropriately, you may nearly completely prevent the risk of the offer backfiring.
- Selecting a minimum and maximum order quantity creates a safety net that ensures you make the least profit possible. If you do this, you may provide the customer with additional discounts and incentives. This will indirectly improve the conversion rate.
- Setting a minimum spending threshold that is somewhat higher than the average amount spent by customers can boost average spending in one fell swoop. A sizable portion of your customers will add items to their cart only to take advantage of your free shipping or other incentives.
Now let’s take a look at the default user roles present in WooCommerce.
Defining WordPress User Roles
You have complete control over your WordPress website when you employ WordPress user roles correctly. Roles are allocated to users who have already registered on your site when their accounts are created.
A user role is made up of capabilities and permissions that define what tasks they are allowed to perform on your website. You’ll have access to five default user roles after installing WordPress:
- Administrator: On a regular WordPress website, the administrator position is the most powerful user role. Administrators have the ability to create new posts, edit posts made by other users, delete such posts, and modify themes and plugins.
- Editor: Individuals with the editor role in WordPress have total control over the content sections of your website.
- Author: Users with the author role can write, edit, and publish their own entries. They can erase their posts even if they have already been published.
- Contributor: Contributor users can write new posts and modify old ones, but they can’t publish them.
- Subscriber: Users that have the subscriber role can log in to your WordPress site, edit their user profiles, and modify their passwords.
Advantages of Setting a minimum and maximum order amount
Lower degree of uncertainty – You may almost totally eliminate the danger of the offer backfiring by evaluating your clients’ usual spending and shipping expenditures and modifying your minimum order level accordingly.
Better conversion rates – Setting a minimum and maximum order quantity creates a safety net that ensures you make the smallest possible profit. If you do this, you may provide the customer with additional discounts and incentives. This will enhance the conversion rate indirectly.
Increase in aggregate expenditure – By setting a minimum expenditure threshold that is somewhat higher than the average amount spent by consumers, you may increase average spending in one fell swoop. A significant fraction of your consumers will add things to their cart only to take advantage of your free shipping or other offers.
Setting Minimum Order Threshold for Different Users Using a Plugin
We’ll utilize the ELEX Minimum Order Amount for WooCommerce plugin in this case. This plugin is completely free and includes a variety of features and tools that extend WooCommerce’s capabilities. Below, we have listed a few important features of the plugin:
- You can define minimum and maximum amounts to impose monetary constraints. For each WordPress User Role, you may select the minimum order amount threshold.
- You may notify customers of the total order amount restriction through text message. Because the text field supports HTML, you can also insert HTML components in your message.
- Enable the appropriate rule for the user role to apply the order amount restriction. You may also disable the rule but leave the order amount restriction and warning wording blank and store it for later use.
Install and activate the plugin as you would any other plugin. Visit the ELEXtensions website or download the WordPress plugin to get started. Once the zip file has been downloaded, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and choose the zip file. Click Activate Plugin after the installation is complete.
After the plugin has been installed and activated, go to Dashboard > WooCommerce > Minimum Order Amount.
The plugin settings dashboard offers a table that lists all WordPress User Roles created on your site, including unregistered users.
In the following section, we will look at the steps and functions offered in the Minimum Order Amount plugins settings.
- Determine the minimum and maximum pricing for your goods: You may set order amount restrictions by entering the lowest and maximum order amounts in the Min subtotal ($) and Max subtotal ($) fields. If you leave the Min subtotal ($) box blank, there will be no minimum order amount, and the initial order amount will be $0. If you leave the Max subtotal ($) box blank, there will be no maximum restriction.
2. Provide a cautionary message: It’s a good idea to inform customers about order limitations if you only enable them to shop within a specified price range. This is accomplished through the use of a plugin that displays warning messages. Messages that are specific to the user’s function can be shown. You may use HTML components in your messages, since the text field supports HTML.
3. Enable or disable the minimum order value for each position: After you’ve done setting up the minimum and maximum order quantities for each user position, click or uncheck the corresponding box under Enable to enable or disable the rule for any of the specified user roles.
When you’ve done tweaking the parameters to your desire, click Save Changes.
If you own an eCommerce business, you must have a minimum order amount set. You may lose money on sales if you don’t set minimum amount thresholds. Furthermore, most customers are aware of the necessity for minimum order amounts. As a result, you’re very unlikely to disturb consumers by placing them, especially if you run an auction or donation-based business.
You have complete control over the amount and subtotal minimums for each sale when you use the ELEX WooCommerce Minimum Order Amount plugin. On your website, you may even set various minimum order quantities for different user roles.