No products in the cart.
Everyone wants to receive their package as early as possible. With Amazon going popular with its same-day delivery option, most of the eCommerce stores are also struggling to keep up their delivery timeline to the same day. Fortunately, we have some popular shipping carriers that can help eCommerce companies deliver quickly within a day. A new study shows that if same-day delivery is not available, a quarter of the online customers would abandon the cart. Here we look at two popular shipping carriers for time-sensitive deliveries. Let’s look at Same Day shipping services-FedEx Same-Day and UPS Express Critical.
However, to help you get a better understanding and choose one, we have collated a few pros and cons of both these shipping services.
FedEx Same Day is a cross-country delivery service that is tailored to ensure that your customer’s order arrives at their doorsteps within hours. This service is available seven days a week. Also, the service delivery happens to all 50 states in the US and it accepts packages up to 150 lbs. per shipment. Please note that the courier service should receive prior notification when sending packages that exceed 70 lbs and also have sides exceeding 48 inches.
Here are some services offered under this option:
- FedEx SameDay Direct: It offers direct delivery of your goods with no additional service-related stops. Service days include 365 days, 7 days a week, and 24 hours a day.
- FedEx SameDay Freight: This FedEx SameDay delivery service provides cross-country freight deliveries on the same day. They offer the service all round the year and 24 hours, seven days a week.
- FedEx SameDay City Priority: This service offers delivery of goods within 45 hours of pickup in urban areas, depending mostly on the distance or location (up to 45 miles). FedEx SameDay City Standard: This offers delivery of goods within four hours of pickup in metropolitan areas (up to 45 miles). The service is available from Monday- Saturday from 7 AM to 8 PM.
- FedEx SameDay City Route: This service offers customized door-to-door delivery in urban areas
- FedEx SameDay City Economy: In this service, the package is delivered by 5 pm on the day of pickup in metropolitan areas
Pros of FedEx Same-Day
- Offers a good amount of customization and flexibility.
- Offers a precise tracking system.
- You get deliveries on weekends too.
- Negotiable pricing.
Cons of FedEx Same-Day
- Charges higher shipping costs than UPS Express Critical.
- An additional charge is levied on package pickup.
- Fewer offices to inquire or ship parcels out from for shipments compared to UPS Express Critical.
- The service is available only in the US.
If you want to include the FedEx services in your WooCommerce store, you can make use of the ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce plugin.
Read more about the plugin from the product page.
UPS Express Critical
Using UPS Express Critical service, you can achieve a same-day delivery service for your business. You can offer urgent and same-day delivery shipping services in North America and overseas, including Europe. The service has access to all modes of transportation, which makes it easy to deliver anywhere, irrespective of the package sizes and destinations. The best part of this service is that it comes with many value-added services, including special equipment. It also offers customized shipping handling like unpacking, setup, handling multiple entrances and stairs, etc.
The services included in UPS Express Critical are:
- UPS Express Critical Air: This offers the next flight out service that covers regions like North America, Europe, and other metropolitan locations worldwide.
- UPS Express Critical Surface: This service provides exclusive non-stop, door-to-door ground transportation of packages throughout the US, Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
- UPS Express Critical Charter: This service offers air charter management services across all countries.
- UPS Express Critical Hand Carry: With this service, they offer customers dedicated and exclusive in transit, end-to-end physical possession of packages until delivery happens.
- UPS Express Critical International: This UPS Express Critical service offers global next-flight out, courier, and charter services. It also has no limitation on package weight or size.
Pros of UPS Express Critical:
- Dynamic handling of high-priority goods
- Guaranteed express shipping available.
- Affordable pricing for shipping heavy items.
- Flexible and customizable shipping options
- Good tracking system
- 24/7 customer service available.
- Offers cheaper services compared to FedEx Same-Day.
- Global in scope compared to FedEx Same-Day.
Cons of UPS Express Critical:
- Package pickups cost a nominal fee
- Weekend deliveries involve additional charges.
If you want to include UPS Services on your WooCommerce store, you can make use of the ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce plugin.
Read more about the plugin from the product page.
FedEx Same-Day vs. UPS Express Critical
Now that you have read and understood the pros and cons of these services, you can choose the one that suits your business needs. Both are good for same-day delivery. With what we have listed here, you can see that FedEx Same-Day is probably ideal for those merchants who want to ship within the US and offer same-day delivery services. Whereas, UPS Express Critical is ideal for critical deliveries to be done around the world for both lightweight and heavyweight shipments.
If you are looking to incorporate any of the FedEx and UPS Services, you can always go for the ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce.
The plugin is easy to integrate with your WooCommerce store and also easy to use. Get to know more about these features from the product page.