What can we help you with?
How to translate ELEX plugins using WPML
The ELEX Premium Plugins are being used by thousands of users across the globe. Hence, it is obvious that we make our plugins translation-ready to be used in any language.
In this demonstration, we are going to use the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing plugin to show you how to translate the plugin into various languages according to your needs.
Note: The basic process of translating ELEX plugins using WPML applies to all of our compatible premium plugins (list provided below). No matter which plugin you want to translate, you can follow these simple steps.
Which plugin will you require for translation?
1. ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing, or any other compatible premium ELEX plugin
2. WPML Multilingual CMS
3. WPML String Translation
4. WPML Translation Management
5. WooCommerce Multilingual
Why Use WPML?
With WPML, you can translate pages, posts, custom types, taxonomy, menus, and even the theme’s texts. Currently, a huge number of popular WordPress plugins and themes are already WPML compatible, and gradually more and more plugins are becoming WPML compatible.
Moreover, WPML provides fantastic support and takes every initiative to include more and more plugins/themes to their compatibility list.
These plugins are compatible with WPML and they support all the languages that are offered by WPML. It currently supports:
- ELEX WooCommerce Google Shopping Plugin (Google Product Feed)
- ELEX Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods
- ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce
- WSDesk – ELEX WordPress Helpdesk & Customer Support Ticket System Plugin
- ELEX Stamps.com Shipping Plugin with USPS Postage for WooCommerce
- ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode Wholesale & Role Based Pricing
- ELEX WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit Products, Prices & Attributes
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you can find the plugin settings in WooCommerce > Role-based Pricing or WooCommerce > Settings > Role-based Pricing and Catalog Mode.
Translating the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-based Pricing plugin using WPML
- First, install and activate WPML and its related add-ons (i.e, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, and WPML Translation Management) on your site. You can follow the steps given in the respective WPML guide.
- Configure the ELEX plugin. You can read the product documentation to understand each feature in detail.
Let us configure sample settings to customize the Add-to-Cart button with our plugin, and look at all the settings that can be translated.
Below is a screenshot of the settings showing a configuration to customize the Add-to-Cart functionality by redirecting it to a different URL. You can notice all the labels and text values that can be translated and the ones that do not require translation from the plugin’s perspective.
For back-end translation, you could also change the site language in the WordPress core settings. But since we want to translate the plugin elements that affect the front-end, you should note that only the text values can be translated on the front-end.
- Go to WPML > String Translation from the WordPress left sidebar menu.
Let us take the “Request a Quote” text from the sample settings discussed in the previous section and translate it.
To do this, select the domain “elex-catmode-rolebased-price” from the dropdown list, enter the search query “Request a Quote” in the search box, and click Search, as shown in the screenshot below.
- You can notice that the search term is present in two instances as configured in the plugin settings.
- Next, click on the translate link of each instance and provide the translation manually in the given textbox. If you have completed the translation, tick the “Translation is complete” checkbox and save the settings. You should do it for all instances of the given text.
The below screenshot shows the site with the default language “English”.
When you access the French version of your site, the updated add-to-cart text looks as shown in the screenshot below.
And the below screenshot shows the product page with updated add-to-cart text in French.
This way, you can translate ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing Plugin using WPML. Please note that the general flow of translating any of our Premium Compatible ELEX Plugins remains the same no matter which plugin you want to translate.
To know more about the plugin and its features, go check out the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing plugin.
Read the product documentation to know how to configure the plugin, in detail. Or check out the knowledge base section for more related articles.
You can also check out other WooCommerce and WordPress plugins in ELEX.