No products in the cart.
How to Set Up WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin?
This article is the step-by-step tutorial to set up WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin (Free). For more information on the plugin, refer to the product page.
WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin allows you to add live chat on your website to make it easier for your customers to contact you. In this day and age, customer support plays a huge role in your customer’s purchasing decisions. Customers frequently seek your advice just before making a purchasing decision or in an emergency circumstance where they require immediate assistance. Under such circumstances, they prefer live chat to emails and social media for contacting businesses because it offers a better chance of receiving a timely response.
This plugin is the best solution for immediate communication, and because all interactions are logged in the same chat thread, agents may easily reply, assist, and resume a chat conversation if a customer requires assistance in the future.
Here are some of the plugin’s key features:
- Add a Live Chat Widget to Your Website: You can include a live chat widget on your business website to allow customers to communicate with you via chat messages.
- Attach and Send Files: Customers and agents can attach and send files to improve the customer support experience.
- Make Your Online Availability Visible: Displaying your availability on the chat widget header will let your consumers know if you are online or offline, allowing them to connect with you accordingly.
- Set up an Auto Reply Message: Let customers know you’re offline and will get back to them as soon as possible with the use of a custom automatic reply message when you’re not available, so you don’t miss out on a single customer’s concern.
- Unlimited Chat History: The intuitive chat dashboard allows you to access the entire conversation with every customer.
- Agent Alerts: When a new message from a customer arrives, set a sound notification for the agents. When a consumer sends a message, this will make it easier for employees to respond quickly.
- Live Chat Widgets can be customized: You can customize the chat widget to fit your needs and display it on your website. Customize the header, font type, text colors, icon color, and background colors to your liking.
- Integration with Pusher: With the Pusher WebSocket, an external server that allows you to talk with several clients simultaneously, you can make your customer communication fail-safe.
- Fun Emojis: Make your clients’ chatting experience more colorful and engaging.
All of the above features (and many more!) are bundled together to help you seamlessly interact with your customers.
Getting started with WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin
Read an article to know how to complete the checkout process on ELEX. You can also read how to download, install, and activate ELEX plugins.
After you’ve installed and activated the plugin, there are two ways to go to the plugin settings:
- Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > ELEX WordPress Live Chat (WSChat) > Settings
- Dashboard > WooCommerce > WSChat
Now that we’ve learned what the plugin can do, it’s time to set up the plugin.
Enable the live chat button to display a live chatbox on your website.
You can set the status of the chat to online or offline. The agent will be unable to respond to client inquiries if the status is offline.
Widget Online Text
Set a custom text that will be shown to your customers upon clicking on the chatbox, when your agents are available.
Widget Offline Text
Set a custom text that will be shown to your customers upon clicking on the chatbox, when your agents are not available.
Auto Reply Message
Set a custom message that will be sent automatically to your customers when they send you a message while the widget is offline.
You can customize the header text shown at the top of the chatbox.
Set an alert tone for the agents when a new message from a customer arrives.
Select a suitable font that matches the branding of your business. The available fonts are – auto, sans-serif, monospace, fantasy, Roboto, and cursive. By default, the website’s default font is used.
Primary Background Color
Choose the desired primary background color that is to be shown on the background of your chats.
Primary Text Color
Secondary Background Color
Select the background color of the secondary chat.
Secondary Text Color
Select the preferred text color of the secondary chats.
Choose the desired icon color that you want your chat box to include.
Info Text Color
Select the color in which you want the info text to be displayed.
If you don’t wish to use any external servers for Customer-Agent communication, use HTTP. It’s not suggested for slower servers because there’s a chance you’ll lose the chat if there are a lot of people on board.
You may make your customer communication fail-safe by using the Pusher WebSocket, an external server that allows you to talk with several clients at the same time.
You can find the Pusher Setting credentials on your Pusher Account > DashBoard > App Keys
Click the Save Changes button.
Let us now move to the website to see the configured features.
We shall go through it with an example.
Example: A customer has some query regarding the delivery date of the items he had ordered.
On the agents’ side, the chat will look like this, and they can directly chat with the customers from the live chat page. File attachments can be sent by the agents by clicking on the paperclip button and for making customer support as smooth as possible, all the previous chats with each guest are saved forever for the agents to crosscheck with.
Live Chat can be viewed by going to the WordPress Dashboard > WSChat > Live chat
If the live chat widget is set offline when a customer sends in an inquiry, the customized auto-reply message will automatically trigger.
This is how WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin allows you to easily communicate with your customers.
Check out WSChat – ELEX WordPress Live Chat Plugin (Free) for more information on the plugin.