What can we help you with?
How to set different prices for each Variation based on User Roles using ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, WholeSale & Role Based Pricing plugin?
There are a lot of ways you can configure Role-based prices in your WooCommerce. You can customize the Add to Cart button, product prices, and so on based on user roles. In addition to the price adjustment for all products, the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing can configure adjust prices at individual product level as well. We have already seen how we can configure product prices for each simple products based on user roles. What if we could configure the same with Product variations?
In the sense, to set different prices for each variation based on user roles. Pretty handy, isn’t it?
In this article, I’ll explain this setup, step-by-step.
Set different prices for each Variation based on User Roles
1. Select desired user roles
Firstly, you need to select desired user roles for the individual settings to appear in the WooCommerce product edit pages. For this, go to the Role Based Pricing settings tab in the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing plugin, move to Individual Product Adjustment setting and select desired user roles, as shown in the screenshot below.
For demonstration purpose, let us select Customer and Shop manager user roles.
2. Configuring different prices based on User Role
Now that you have selected user roles, open a variable product to edit the variations. For simple products, this role-based pricing setting is available in the General tab of product data meta-box. But for variable products, this setting is available in each variation settings.
For our demonstration, we have a variable product ‘Woo T-Shirt’ that has two color variations as green and red.
Let us set the product price of the first variation ‘green’ from $30 to $20 for Customers and $10 for Shop managers. The setting has to be configured as shown in the below screenshot.
For the next variation ‘red’, let us set the product price from $30 to $25 for Customers and $15 for Shop managers. The below screenshot shows how the setting has to be configured.
3. Seeing Role-based pricing for Product variations in action
The product price will be different for each variation for every user role selected in the plugin settings.
When a customer logs into the store, the price of the first variation is as shown in the screenshot below.
Below screenshot shows the price of the second variation for the customers.
Next, when a shop manager logs in to the store, the price of the first variation is as shown in the screenshot below.
The price of the second variation is as shown in the below screenshot.
Hence in this way, you can set different prices for each Variation based on User Roles using ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, WholeSale & Role Based Pricing plugin.
There a lot more you can achieve with this plugin.
Few highlights of ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, WholeSale & Role Based Pricing plugin:
- Offer role-based pricing: Configure WooCommerce role-based pricing for all products, or at the product level. These user roles may include, Customer, Whole seller, Vendor, Vendor Manager, Subscriber and so on.
- Individual product adjustment: Handy options to configure settings for guest and registered users at the product level.
- Price adjustment based on product category: Adjust price based on product categories, for each user role.
- Custom interface for unregistered users: Turn your store into catalog mode, by hiding Add to Cart button and/or product prices for visitors of your WooCommerce store.
- WooCommerce Catalog mode: Turn your WooCommerce store into catalog mode invariably, or for specific user roles.
- Custom Tax display option: Assign custom tax class and tax display options for each user role. You can specify suffix text based on user role too.
- Creating Custom user role: If the existing user roles don’t match your requirement, the plugin provides intuitive steps to create custom user roles. These user roles are limited to the plugin itself.
Check out the complete list of features in the ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing product page.
Or explore the product documentation in XAdapter.