No products in the cart.
How to Schedule a USPS Pickup Request with Stamps.com using ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On?
This article explains the step-by-step tutorial to Schedule a USPS Pickup Request with Stamps.com, using ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On. For more information on the plugin, refer to the product page.
Stamps.com is a leading provider of Internet-based postage services. It provides service to small businesses, enterprises and online retailers to print official United States Postal Service (USPS) stamps and shipping labels. Stamps.com sends customers a digital scale to weigh letters and packages to ensure the correct amount of postage is applied to the piece of mail. The amount of postage applied is then deducted from the customers’ Stamps.com account. Customers can print postage on envelopes, regular paper or adhesive labels.
This Add-On works only with ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com Shipping Plugin with USPS Postage which allows you to access real-time rates from USPS, print shipping labels, track shipments, and helps in packing items into boxes. This plugin is approved from Stamps.com.
You can watch the video tutorial below.
Some of the major highlights of this add-on include:
- Scheduling a USPS Pickup Request: The add-on allows you to schedule a USPS pickup request for your packages, using Stamps.com. Once the request is received, the shipping carrier will pick up the packages from the specified address.
- Create Manual Pickup Request: You can choose to specify the number of packages for USPS services.
- Create Automatic Pickup Request: Instead of specifying the number of packages, you can simply select WooCommerce orders for which you want to request the package pickup. You can only schedule a pickup for orders whose shipments are created.
For scheduling a USPS Pickup Request with Stamps.com, you need the following:
- ELEX Stamps.com Shipping Plugin with USPS Postage for WooCommerce
- ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On
Getting started with ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On
The core settings are determined with the ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com USPS Shipping Plugin settings and not the add-on settings. Hence you need to set up the ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com USPS Shipping Plugin first.
Now that we have explored the features of the add-on, and have installed it, let’s get down to configure it.
Pickup Request Information
This information helps the shipping carrier personnel to pick up the packages from the given contact person and his/her address. The pickup request information is as shown in the screenshot below.
The Pickup Request Information is as follow:
- Contact Information – Enter contact person’s first name, last name, and phone number.
- Address Type – Select the required address type to let the pickup personnel know from where he/she has to pick up the packages.
The available address types are:
- Front Door
- Back Door
- Side Door
- Knocking on Door/Ring Bell
- Pickup Address – This is the address from where your packages will be picked up. The address is automatically fetched from the Sender Address of your ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com USPS Plugin’s Label Generation settings as shown below.
Creating Manual Pickup Request
If you know the number of package pieces of each USPS service, you can simply enter the number of packages in the given fields and specify the total weight of the packages in Pounds (lbs).
The plugin provides package information fields for the following services:
- Express Mail
- Priority Mail
- International services
- First Class Package
- Parcel Select
- Other (for rest of the USPS services)
Creating Automatic Pickup Request
Instead of specifying the number of packages, you can simply select WooCommerce orders for which you want to request the package pickup. You can only schedule a pickup for orders whose shipments are created.
The plugin will only list orders whose shipments are created. Hence, make sure you create shipments for required orders before scheduling a pickup.
Note: To make a pickup request (both manual and automatic), you need to make sure at least one Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, First-Class, or International package must be included. Also, the parcel pickup service is free of charge as long as one package is sent via Priority Mail.
For demonstration purpose, let us schedule an automatic pickup request for order ID, say “4324”. We need to select the required order ID from the “Select Order” drop-down list and click on the Submit button, as shown in the below screenshot.
Once the pickup is scheduled successfully, you can see a success message on the top and the pickup details in the History tab. The History tab will show the Confirmation number returned from USPS, Date of creation of Pickup request, Scheduled Pickup Date, Pickup Day, and Package Information.
The Package Information will show the Package Location, Number of packages for each USPS services, and Total weight of the packages, as shown in the screenshot below.
In this way, you can Schedule a USPS Pickup Request with Stamps.com using ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On.
To explore more details about the plugin, go check out ELEX WooCommerce Stamps.com-USPS Pickup Request Add-On.
Or check out the parent product – ELEX Stamps.com Shipping Plugin with USPS Postage for WooCommerce and its product documentation for a better understanding of the plugin.
You can also check out other WooCommerce and WordPress plugins in ELEX.