What can we help you with?
How to set up ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin?
This article intends to provide detailed, step-by-step instructions that’ll help you set up ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin. Refer to the product page to know more about other various features of the plugin.
With this plugin, you can set custom text before and after the product price, which will be displayed on all pages or the selected pages including Shop Page, Product Page, and Cart Page. This will help to give more clarity to the customers regarding the price of the product such as “Including tax”, “Only”, “On offer”, and so on. This can be configured both globally as well as on the individual product level.
Additionally, this handy plugin allows you to set up a quick percentage or fixed price discount for the products globally as well as for individual products or specific product categories.
Some of the major highlights of the plugin include:
- Custom Prefix & Suffix to the Product Price: Enter a prefix and/or suffix to be displayed along with the product price on all products globally as well as for individual products, specific product categories, and product variations from the individual product level.
- Restrict Custom Text and Discounts to Certain Pages: You have the ability to set custom text that will be displayed before and after the product price. This text will be displayed on all pages or the specified pages, such as the Shop Page, Product Page, and Cart Page.
- Applies Quick Discounts: It lets you easily apply a fixed price discount or a percentage discount to all products in your store as well as on the individual products and their variations exclusively.
Getting started with ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin
Steps to Install the Plugin
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can go to the Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin > Settings.
Now let’s get down to configuring the plugin.
- Custom Text & Discount: Enable this option to add price prefixes, and suffixes, and to apply quick discounts to the products.
- Select Pages: Choose the pages where you want to display custom text and discounts or select all to display them on all pages, such as the shop, product, and cart pages.
- Product Categories: You have the option of only applying the custom text and discount settings to certain product categories if you do not wish to apply them to all of the products in the store. This decision is based on your individual requirements.
- Add Prefix: Add a custom text to be displayed before the product price on the shop page as well as individual product pages.
- Add Suffix: Add a custom text to be displayed after the product price on the shop page as well as individual product pages.
- Discount Type: Select the type of discount you want to apply between percentage and fixed discounts. This discount will be applied globally and each and every product will be eligible for this discount.
After entering the details you can save changes.
Now, let us check how it works with a number of examples.
Check the below screenshot to add prefixes and suffixes to the product price.
Here I have added “Only” as the prefix and “Including Tax” as the suffix. After saving the settings, it will reflect on the shop page as well as the product pages and the cart page as in the below screenshots.
You can find the prefix and suffix displayed along with the product price for all products on the shop page.
Similarly, the prefix and suffix will be displayed on the individual product pages as in the below screenshot.
Setting Quick Discounts
You can either apply a fixed price discount or a percentage discount on all products globally.
Check the screenshot for a demonstration where we add a fixed price discount:
In the above example, I have added $5 to be deducted from all products in the store.
Check the product prices on the shop page before saving the changes for getting more clarity.
Check the screenshot of the Shop page after saving the changes:
You can see the difference as $5 has been deducted from all the products’ prices.
Similarly, on the cart page, check out the screenshot before adding the $5 discount.
You can see the difference as $5 has been deducted from the products’ prices on the cart page.
Similarly, you can set the percentage discount. Let us take the same example of a fixed-price discount. I reset the settings and applied a 10% discount. Check the screenshot:
After saving the changes, it will reflect on the products as in the below screenshot:
Setting Prefix, Suffix, and Discounts on Product Level
The same settings can be set up for individual products from their respective product pages. Those settings will be applied only for the products exclusively even though there are other values set up globally on the plugin dashboard. The values set on the individual product level have a higher priority than the global settings.
To configure the settings on the individual product level, go to the product page dashboard > Price Text & Discount.
Check an example:
Here I have added the prefix “Buy at” and the suffix “before December!” exclusively for the product ‘Woo Ninja’. You can also set exclusive discounts as well. And also you can only add a suffix or a prefix according to your requirements as no fields are mandatory here.
After updating the product page settings, check the shop page below screenshot:
Setting Prefix, Suffix, and Discounts for Variable Products
If your store sells variable products, you can add or hide the prefix and suffix and set a discount for each variation individually or for the parent product.
You can hide the prefix and/or suffix of individual product variations when there are default prefixes and suffixes configured for all products in your store.
For setting up custom text and discounts for all the variations of a parent product, go to the product page dashboard > Price Text & Discount.
Check an example:
For setting up prefixes, suffixes, and discounts for each product variation individually, go to the product page dashboard > Variations > Choose the variations. And set up details for each variation accordingly.
In case custom text and/or discounts are set up for the parent product as well as the individual product variations, the variations will be given a higher priority. If the individual product variations have not been configured, the plugin will refer to the parent product.
Check an example:
Check the product page after saving the settings.
Here, in this example, I have configured to hide the prefix of the variation ‘Small’ and added a discount of $5. Also, I have enabled to hide the suffix of the variation ‘Large’ and added a discount of $5.
Since I have not configured anything for the variation ‘Medium’, the global prefix and suffix set on the plugin dashboard will be applied to this variation.
Check how these variations will reflect on the product page when a customer chooses each variation:
Variation – Small
Variation – Medium
Variation – Large
Check out the cart page screenshot of custom prefixes and suffixes added to variable products.
This is how you can set custom prefix and suffix for product prices and quick discounts easily with ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin.
To explore more details about the plugin, check out ELEX WooCommerce Product Price Custom Text (Before & After Text) and Discount plugin.
You can also check out other WooCommerce and WordPress plugins in ELEX.