What can we help you with?
How to set up WooCommerce DHL Parcel in ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express/eCommerce/Paket/Parcel Shipping Plugin with Print Label?
This tutorial explains how to set up the DHL Parcel shipping option using ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express/eCommerce/Paket/Parcel Shipping Plugin with Print Label. Please refer to the product page to know more about the plugin features.
For WooCommerce DHL Express, read How to set up WooCommerce DHL Express?.
DHL Parcel specializes in small parcels and pellets, and it offers domestic and international standard parcel services to businesses, individuals, and e-commerce distribution partners.
Our ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express/eCommerce/Paket/Parcel Shipping Plugin with Print Label allows you to print shipping labels, set handling charges, and help in tracking the shipment. You can also set a custom shipment message and generate bulk labels for your WooCommerce orders.
Getting started with DHL Parcel
Read an article to know how to complete the checkout process on ELEX. You can also read how to download, install, activate ELEX plugins.
To get started with DHL Parcel, navigate to Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > DHL Parcel.
Enabling DHL Parcel
To start using the DHL Parcel service, enable the respective checkbox – DHL Parcel. If this option is disabled, you won’t be able to use any of DHL’s Parcel services.
Our plugin requires the following four API credentials for integrating DHL Parcel services:
- Account Number: This account number is the Customer ID (or DHL Parcel account number) provided to you once you sign up for a DHL account.
- Production Key: Check this box if the key provided by you is an API key provided by DHL and not a developer key.
- Site ID: This ID is your DHL Parcel account username.
- Site Password: This ID is your DHL Parcel account password.
You can contact DHL eCommerce for the above API credentials.
Custom Shipment Message
You can set a custom message that your customers will view once the product is shipped. You can use the placeholder tags like [ID], [SERVICE], and [DATE] to integrate shipping information or use the default message.
The placeholders are as given below:
- [ID] for Shipment ID
- [SERVICE] for Shipment Service
- [DATE] for Shipment Date
Note: If you leave this field empty, the displayed default message in the placeholder will be sent to the customer in the order completion email.
DHL will receive the product dimensions and weight unit that is selected here. The default unit is pound and inches.
Parcel Packing Method
This setting decides how items are packed before sending them to DHL. There are three methods for parcel packing, they are as shown below.
- Pack Items Individually: Each item in the cart is packaged separately under this option. By adding the shipping costs for each item, the total shipping cost is calculated. By default, this option is selected.
- Pack into boxes with weight and dimensions: You can define custom box sizes under the Box Sizes section if packing items separately or weight-based packing does not fit your business. All of the products in the cart are packaged into custom boxes based on the settings for Box Sizes. From the defined boxes, the best fit box is selected automatically. This is the recommended option. You can learn more about box packing by reading about putting up box measurements. You can read through setting up box dimensions to understand box packing in detail.
- Box Sizes: This option is only available if ‘Pack into boxes with weight and dimensions’ is selected. The exterior and inner dimensions of boxes can be specified here. The outer dimensions are the dimensions of the packaging. The dimensions of a product are its inner dimensions. You can change the dimensions of the boxes to meet your needs. You can also tick or untick the checkbox in the Enabled column to enable or deactivate a certain box.
Below is a screenshot of box sizes settings.
- Weight-based: In some situations, you may want to pack products based on their weight. If you choose this option, make sure that the weights of your products are accurate in their individual product settings.
The settings are as shown below.
Shipper address settings
Enter the following address fields for calculating shipping charges.
Enter your respective Origin Postcode, Shipper person name, Shipper Company Name, Shipper Phone Number, Shipper Email address, Shipper Street Address, Shipper City, and respective state name.
The settings are as given below:
- Export Terms of Trade: Enter the required Incoterms® with abbreviations of length three letters, which are published by the International Chamber of commerce, and are widely used in international commercial transactions.
Note: Incoterms® is a set of rules which define the responsibilities of sellers and buyers for the delivery of goods, under sales contracts for domestic and international trade.
- Export Item Description: Enter product description for international shipping. This can be the name of the product, category of product, etc.
DHL Email Service
To comply with GDPR regulations, you can enable this option, which will provide your customers’ email addresses to DHL, allowing DHL to send them shipment tracking information.
If you are not receiving proper shipment information or if there is another problem, you can select the Debug option to locate the problem(s). You can use the log to trace the issue(s) if debug mode is enabled. We recommend turning off the debug mode when your website is live to prevent customers from viewing the log on the frontend of your store.
Finally, click Save Changes to save the plugin settings.
Creating Shipment Label
Once all the settings are configured, you can start creating shipment labels for DHL Parcel by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Dashboard > WooCommerce > Orders.
- On the order page, click the order number for which you want to create a shipment and print the label. The edit order page appears as shown below:
- Click Generate Packages to auto-generate the package for the order. The next setting is displayed as shown below:
By default, some packages are generated automatically. You can change the weights of the package as you like, or add an additional package by clicking the +Add Package button. Finally, click Create Shipment to proceed further.
Once the shipment is created, you can click the Print Label option to print a shipping label.
Sample DHL Parcel shipping label
To explore more details about the plugin, go check out ELEX WooCommerce DHL Express / eCommerce / Paket / Parcel Shipping Plugin with Print Label.
You can also check out other WooCommerce and WordPress plugins in ELEX.