No products in the cart.
How to Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods using ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Methods Plugin? (with Video)
This article explains the step-by-step tutorial to set up ELEX Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods Plugin. For more information on the plugin, refer to the product page.
Here are some of the major highlights of this plugin:
- Hide Shipping Methods using Filters: You can hide shipping methods based on WooCommerce Shipping Classes, WooCommerce Product Categories, Order weight on the Cart, Destination countries and its states, and Other shipping methods.
- Hide WooCommerce Default Shipping methods: Based on the selected filters, you can hide the WooCommerce default shipping methods; Flat Rate, Free Shipping, and Local Pickup.
- Hide WooCommerce Premium Shipping methods: You can hide all shipping methods from selected shipping carriers/service like DHL, USPS, UPS, FedEx, EasyPost, Stamps.com, Australia Post, etc.
- Hide Specific Services from Shipping Carriers: Instead of hiding all the services of a shipping carrier, you can choose to hide specific shipping service.
- Create and Manage Multiple Rules: The plugin allows you to create as many rules you want! You can manage all the rules in the Manage tab, where you can edit, copy, or delete the rules at any time.
You can watch the video tutorial below.
Getting started with ELEX WooCommerce Google Product Feed Plugin
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can start configuring the settings. Go to WordPress Sidebar menu > ELEX Hide Shipping.
The whole process is divided into two steps:
- Setting Filters for Hiding Shipping Methods
- Selecting Shipping Methods for Hiding
1. Setting Filters for Hiding Shipping Methods
The plugin offers some useful filters, using which you can hide WooCommerce shipping methods. Based on the filters configured, the shipping methods will be hidden in the cart and checkout pages.
The filter settings are as shown below.
- Shipping Class: Select one or more shipping classes that you have created in your WooCommerce shipping settings. Or you can choose to select products with no shipping class as well.
- Product Category: Select one or more WooCommerce product categories. When products in the selected categories are added to the cart, the shipping methods will be automatically hidden.
- Order Weight: This is the total order weight in the cart. When the cart total weight meets one of the following conditions, the selected shipping methods will be hidden –
- >= – Greater than or equal to the specified weight
- <= – Less than or equal to the specified weight
- == – Equal to the specified weight
- || – Between the specified minimum and maximum total order weight
- All – For all the products regardless of order weight.
- Countries: Select one or more countries to hide shipping methods. Once you select countries that have states, the States field appears to choose desired states.
- Shipping Methods: You can use existing WooCommerce default as well as premium shipping methods to hide other shipping methods. Once you activate premium shipping plugins, the shipping method ID will be automatically added to this list.
Once you have configured the settings, click Save & Continue.
2. Selecting Shipping Methods for Hiding
The plugin allows you to hide three things:
- WooCommerce Default Shipping Methods
- WooCommerce Premium Shipping Methods
- Selected Services from Premium Shipping Methods
- Shipping Methods: Select desired shipping methods to hide. The shipping method IDs – flat_rate, free_shipping, and local_pickup for WooCommerce default shipping methods are listed by default. If you have activated other premium shipping plugins for DHL Shipping, USPS Shipping and so on, the shipping method ID will be listed here automatically.
In the above screenshot, the shipping method ID “wf_shipping_usps” for ELEX USPS Shipping Plugin is listed.
- Shipping Options: If you want to hide a specific service from your premium shipping method, you can add HTML value of the desired shipping service. You can add multiple services by separating them with commas.
The below screenshot shows the HTML value “wf_easypost_id:Priority” for Priority Mail (USPS) service returned using ELEX WooCommerce EasyPost Shipping Plugin.
- Rule Name: Enter a suitable rule name to identify each rule distinctively.
Finally, click Create Rule to proceed.
View and manage all the created rules in the Manage tab.
You can see the rule name, parameters involved by hiding the shipping method(s), and quick actions to Edit, Copy, and Delete the rule.
Case: Let us hide other shipping methods, say Flat Rate when Free Shipping is available for the product.
Both Free Shipping and Flat rate are offered for United States region as shown in the screenshot below.
In the plugin settings, we should select the shipping method filter as the free_shipping option.
Next, in the hide shipping method settings, we need to select the flat_rate option as shown in the below screenshot.
Finally, when we move to the front-end of the WooCommerce store, the cart page now shows only the Free Shipping method for the United States region.
Hence, in this way, you can hide WooCommerce shipping methods using ELEX Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods Plugin.
To explore more details about the plugin, go check out ELEX Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods Plugin.
You can also check out other WooCommerce and WordPress plugins in ELEX.