No products in the cart.
Your customers are informed on how to save the extra cost and FedEx One Rate facility allows you and the customers to cut down on these extra charges during delivery. In this article we will discuss FedEx One Rate shipping in more detail. And later learn how to integrate FedEx One Rate with WooCommerce.
What is FedEx One Rate?
FedEx One Rate shipping offers the same shipping rates for every type of package, irrespective of its weight, size, or product dimensions.
With FedEx One Rate shipping you can ship any item at a regular price in a specified zone.
The calculation for One Rate is based on shipping zones where all customers will pay a uniform price. FedEx currently allows One Rate shipping for items that weigh 50 pounds or less in the domestic regions of the United States.
It offers 12 free package options including envelopes, flat rate boxes, tubes, etc. To use Flat rate shipping from FedEx your package must not exceed the weight limit and the delivery location should be in the United States.
Determining The Cost of FedEx One Rate Shipping
FedEx One Rate determines the cost of shipping using a system called delivery zones. There are three zones you can select for delivery, each zone is priced differently based on the distance:
Local Zone: 0-150 miles (Zone 2)
Shipments that move generally from 0–150 miles of original location to the final destination anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
Regional Zone: 151-600 miles (Zone 3-4)
Shipments that move generally from 151–600 miles of original location to the final destination anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
National Zone: 601 miles or more (Zone 5-8 Alaska and Hawaii Shipments included)
- Shipments that move generally from 601 miles or more of original location to the final destination anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- It includes the shipping service from the contiguous U.S. and Hawaii to Alaska.
- Shipments moving from the contiguous U.S. and Alaska to Hawaii.
- Shipments moving from Alaska and Hawaii to the contiguous United States.
- FedEx One Rate pricing is not available for intra-Hawaii shipments).
- Remember that FedEx One Rate pricing can differ according to the delivery timeline and package type.
The Benefits of FedEx One Rate Shipping
- Free Packaging: FedEx One Rate offers free packaging options where customers can easily order packaging in available sizes at no extra cost.
- No Hidden Prices: You can determine FedEx price ahead of its delivery and there are no hidden fees.
- No Extra Charges: FedEx doesn’t add fuel charges, residential charges or delivery area surcharges to One Rate packaging.
- Insurance: FedEx offers $100 insurance for each shipment at no additional charge.
- Flexibility: Choose among available 12 flat rate boxes and deliver your package in 1, 2 or 3 days.
- Pickup Schedule: Easily schedule pickup at your home address or choose among 57,000 drop off locations.
- Free Packaging: FedEx flat rate shipping allows you to order complimentary packages online and deliver them for free.
- Money Back Guarantee: FedEx shipping is considered reliable due to its money back guarantee feature.
How to integrate FedEx One Rate with WooCommerce?
You can conveniently integrate FedEx One Rate Shipping with your WooCommerce store using the ELEX EasyPost (FedEx, UPS, Canada Post & USPS) Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce. This plugin will allow you to display real time FedEx One Rate shipping rates on the Checkout page where customers can order the products.
Features of ELEX EasyPost Plugin
- Real-Time Rates: Display real time shipping rates from major shipping courier companies such as FedEx, USPS, UPS, and Canada Post.
- Estimate Delivery Time: Display estimated delivery date on the Checkout page to keep your customers informed.
- Print Shipping Labels: Pay postage automatically and create shipping labels from the admin panel.
- Track Shipment: Use the tracking number to check the current status of your package. You can also send the tracking information to the customer’s email.
- Parcel Packaging Options: Pack items into configured boxes. You can choose among the 3 packaging options.
- Pack items individually.
- Volume Based Packing & Stack First Packing) according to weight and dimensions.
- Pack items on the basis of weight.
Official Partner: This ELEX plugin is partnered with EasyPost and is often referred to as one of the most sought after WooCommerce plugins.
Plugin Compatibility: This premium plugin is compatible with other ELEX plugins such as All ELEXtensions Plugins, WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Support for ELEX Shipping Plugins, and WooCommerce Mix and Match Products.
If you want to get an in-depth knowledge of all the available options of this plugin you can read this article: How to set up ELEX EasyPost Shipping Method Plugin for WooCommerce? (with Video). Follow the instructions and apply the basic settings for the plugin.
Let’s see how you can integrate FedEx One Rate shipping with WooCommerce from the settings panel of this plugin.
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > EasyPost > Rates & Services then scroll down to Domestic Flat Rate Settings.
In the EasyPost Flat Rate Service(s) add FedEx One Rate option. This will allow you to display FedEx Flat Rate shipping rates on the Checkout page. In the Flat Rate Boxes you can add multiple FedEx box options for shipping. You can simply click and add as many as you like among the available options.
Now scroll down to Carrier & Rate Settings in the EasyPost Carrier(s) choose FedEx as your desired shipping carrier.
In the Services tab you can also select multiple shipping services offered by FedEx. You can type a custom name according to your preference or adjust price in terms of value or percentage. But if you want to display just Flat Rate shipping services you can untick all these options. Save these changes and you are ready to display FedEx One Rates on your WooCommerce Checkout page.
Display FedEx One Rate on the Checkout page
After you are done with the above changes let’s see how FedEx One Rate Shipping works on the Checkout page. When the customer orders a product and proceeds to Checkout this plugin will display flat rates as displayed below.
Customers can view and compare these FedEx One Rate prices and services, and choose according to their preference. Customers will be charged on the basis of FedEx Flat Rate shipping service.
Just follow the above steps to integrate FedEx One Rate with WooCommerce. If you have any questions or ideas related to the topic don’t forget to mention them in the comments below.