Are you fed up with calculating shipping rates by navigating to different websites? Well a simple shipping calculator will allow you to compare and display shipping services and rates. In this article we will learn how to integrate a WooCommerce shipping calculator.
Calculate the shipping rates provided by the major shipping carriers with utmost ease and check the delivery dates, based on factors like zip code, address and country of both the shipper and the receiver.
How to Integrate a WooCommerce Shipping Calculator?
We recommend using ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator, Purchase Shipping Label & Tracking for Customers. This plugin is easy to set up and conveniently calculates shipping rates of all the major courier companies.
Benefits of Using ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator
- Choose Your Desired Shipping Service
The most convenient shipping service can be selected from the list of available shipping carriers by checking the rates with the estimated dates of delivery. ELEX Shipping Calculator plugin is compatible with carriers like USPS, UPS and FedEx.
- Choose A Packaging Of Your Choice
The most appropriate packaging can be selected from a list of available predefined packages. These are based on different attributes like weight and dimensions of the items.
- Generate Multiple Packages Together
You can generate multiple packages together, simply enter the weight and dimensions of multiple packages in a CSV file and upload. Later in this article we will learn how you can generate various packages simultaneously.
- Print Shipping Label And Generate Tracking Link
This plugin allows you to print labels and generate tracking links after the order has been placed. We will discuss this thoroughly in the later steps.
- Create New Page For Shipping Calculator
A new webpage can be created for the ELEX shipping calculator on your website. You can use the option to add a link on this page which is available on the Checkout page. Here you can even customize and edit shipping label details before creating them from scratch.
- Assign User Roles
You can allow availability of ELEX shipping calculator to the selected users and guests as per requirements.
- Enable custom email with tracking information and label
The generated link of the shipping label and tracking details can be sent to the email address of both the sender and the receiver. The subject and the body of the email can be drafted as per your requirement.
- Message Alert
A custom text message can be displayed to the customer on the successful completion of the order. An alternate text message can also be sent in case of failure in order completion.
- Articles with shipping calculator
Help icon on the home page would allow linking of documentation and articles regarding common and repetitive questions. This will add value and customers can explore ELEX shipping calculator features as per their requirements.
- Template of your choice
The ELEX shipping calculator can be customized. Type a custom heading, description or explore Checkout options. Pick customized colours, panel background, selected tabs and specific buttons as per your business needs.
How To Integrate ELEX Shipping Calculator on Your WooCommerce
Follow this article to learn how to set up this plugin on WooCommerce: How to set up ELEX WooCommerce Shipping Calculator, Purchase Shipping Label & Tracking for Customers?
- After you have learned how to set up a shipping calculator on your website you can add a new page for the same and access it to calculate shipping rates and services. Let’s see how it works. When you open the shipping calculator you will see a screen like below.
- The details of the sender and the receiver can be entered in the provided form above. This includes the necessary address details of both the sender and the receiver such as zip codes , city, state, e-mail, phone number. When you have entered all these details correctly you can click the Next button. You will be redirected to the next tab Packaging.
- You will see the package’s details which includes the usual units of measuring dimensions such as are, cm, mm, or mm. The weights can be measured in the standard units which include kg, lbs, oz, or g.
- You can choose appropriate units of product purchased by the customer. Simply input the weight and dimensions of the particular products. After inserting the necessary details this segment would allow the users to choose among the available carrier packaging options from the pre-defined list of packages. If customers are not satisfied with the list of available options, they can choose custom packaging. To create a custom package select ‘Custom Packaging’ from the drop down list. The weight and measurement units must be entered into it to execute the bulk generation process.
- Packages can also be generated in bulk by entering the weight and dimensions of various products in a CSV file. You can also download the sample template which you can easily edit and upload for bulk packages. Generate multiple packages by putting the weight and dimensions of several items into a CSV file.
- Additional products can also be added by selecting the ‘Add another parcel’ option and filling in all the necessary information. When you are done, proceed to the Services tab.
- From the dropdown menu Please select the shipping service for your package, you can choose among the available shipping courier companies. You can check their rates and expected delivery time to choose an appropriate service. After you are done, click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- A new page will appear, leading you to the Checkout page. Customers can easily order the desired product from here.
- After placing an order, you can print the labels with the tracking links emailed to the owner and the customer. A handling fee specified in the settings tab of Rates and Services will be added to the total amount.
- Choose the option Proceed to Generate Label after filling in the details of the label.
- After your order is successfully placed you will see a screen like below, where you can download the shipping label and access the tracking code.
- The customer can also explore and move to the My account > Orders to re-check label and tracking link. Customers can view their orders and generate tracking link.
- After the creation of the label, you can choose to email it to the sender’s and receiver’s email addresses, with a link to download it and the tracking link.
Just follow the above steps to integrate a WooCommerce Shipping Calculator for a seamless shipping process. If you still have any queries you can leave a comment below. Write to us for ideas or suggestions.